Sunday, September 23, 2018

Passion


While I’m writing this, I realize that I could be obsessed with writing.  I have created a task for myself to write every day.  I buy books and magazines with articles on how to write better.  I continue to come up with ideas that I believe I need to write.  I was reminded recently of a conversation between two characters in one of my favorite movies, National Treasure.  In this film, the main character, Ben, and is trusting sidekick, Riley, are searching for a hidden treasure that they believe our founding fathers left for future generations to find. This conversation about passion between the two characters has always intrigued me. 
Ben: “We don’t need someone crazy, but one step short of crazy.  What do you get?  Riley: “Obsessed.”
Ben: “Passionate.”
Ironically, their idea of the hidden treasure is crazy, but their passion brought them right to it. 

Passionate people are often misunderstood.  They jump into their projects with full speed and give 110%, and when they feel they cannot give anymore, they give it one last push. When doors close in their face, passionate people don’t look for a window.  They blast a whole in the wall of the place to which they need to be.  Passionate people don’t just talk about it, they do.  They don’t always tweet or post about their passion because they are too busy creating ways for their passion to come to life.

We need passionate people.  We need people to not just talk about their passions, but actually do tasks that give their passions a voice.  We don’t need apathetic people who tell us what we should do and sit at home watching football and tweet about what we should do, while they yell at the football game.  They are distractors and passion thieves.  They try to take our passion, so we won’t remind them that they are apathetic and need to join in on what others are doing.

When I get an idea for writing something, I get passionate about it.  There are several starts to blogs, articles, screenplays, and books that I have started but didn’t complete because they didn’t have passion.  They were just words creating noise.  I want my words to create life.  I want my passions to lead others to a better life.  I want my words for others to see Jesus as the answer to what their soul needs. 

As I look at life, passionate people change the world for the better.  Find a passion.  If you have one, build it and work at it with 110%.  It may not be your career, but it will become your legacy.  Build your passion.  Build a legacy.  Change the world for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment