Sunday, July 8, 2018

Risk



 A few years ago, a pastor challenged us to “Name our year.”  We were to name it to something we wanted to achieve throughout the year.  I’ve been optimistic, but cautious.  I named my years “adventure,” “Dreams,” etc.  This year I jumped.  This year with everything swirling around me, I took on the word, “RISK.”  When I took the word I realized how cautious I really am. 

When I took on the word, “risk,” I didn’t mean skydiving, bunging jumping, deep sea diving, or even cliff diving.  I meant to take a real risk in my life and do life with dares.  It means taking a risk with my writing. It is with our deepest passions that we must take that first step and share with the world our talents and gifts. 

I must risk the laughter, the negative comments, the criticism, the backlash, and even the idea that some people will gossip.  It’s fine.  These are the symptoms of their own fears.  It’s easier to hide behind the screen of criticism to someone who risks rather than take that jump first.  It’s easier to scream that a person is horrible rather than face our own imperfections. 

With all the fears aside, it is time that I jump. Instead of standing on the edge of the cliff looking down at the water below, I must take that leap of faith.  Rocks may attack me on my way down and scratch me a bit, but the landing in the water will be exhilarating.  So, I’m not over thinking.  I’m taking a risk.  I’m going to jump.  I will live my passions and not let fear keep me from them. The world is waiting.  I need to live my passions and live life to the fullest.  I need to serve others and love with extreme grace even when others don’t give it in return.   My encouragement is to take a risk and live your passions.  The world is waiting for you to jump.   

No comments:

Post a Comment